It is the day before matchday and Liverpool have been busy in training in Austria on Tuesday, while the club have announced two new contracts.
Alisson “close” to returning, but not yet
Liverpool are preparing for their fourth friendly of the summer, against Salzburg on Wednesday night, but Alisson is still not ready to return to full training.
Jurgen Klopp provided an injury update following the first training session of the day, confirming that his No. 1 is “close” to rejoining the squad but not just yet.
“Obviously God [Jota] is not here, that’s clear,” he told the club’s official website.
“But from the boys who are injured but are here, Ali is the closest – definitely not for Salzburg but then we will see. He is close to get back I think.
“It’s now 2pm and between now and 5pm I will wait for messages and see who can train this afternoon properly. Then the game tomorrow, we will see.”
There were no injury problems apparent from Liverpool’s follow-up session, with Alisson working with the ball but not joining small-sided games as Adrian, Fabian Mrozek and Harvey Davies fill in.
3 things today: 2 new contracts and interest in Bobby
- Luke Chambers has followed up his role in pre-season by signing a new long-term contract
- Ace has LFC Women goalkeeper Rachel Lawsafter her Golden Glove campaign last time out
- Roberto Firmino is subject of interest from Juventus, claim GOAL in Brazil, with a year left on his contract
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Set-piece specialists neuro11 are back working with Liverpool for pre-season
- One Liverpool staff member has gone viral for his rendition of Vanilla Ice’s ‘Ice Ice Baby’!
Latest Transfer Talk
- Bayern Munich have paid £24.1 million to sign 17-year-old striker Mathys Tel from Rennes, report Sky Sports
- The Athletic relay word that Leicester, who are yet to make a signing this summer, could lose Kasper Schmeichel to Nice
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Jorge Mendes were in Manchester today to discuss his future, with Man United even wheeling Alex Ferguson in to help the situation – desperate much?
Tweet of the day and match of the night
It might not have the same ring to it, but we love it all the same…
Bend it like Trent… pic.twitter.com/FcfHpwRBS6
— Jordan Henderson (@JHenderson) July 26, 2022
England take on Sweden in the semi-finals of the Women’s Euros tonight, kicking off at 8pm on BBC One.